BSNL Recruitment 2016 - Vacancy in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL)
The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) is seeking qualified candidates for the post of Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) in schedule “A” of the CPSE, the scale of pay of the post being Rs.80,000-1,25,000/-(Revised).
1. COMPANY PROFILEBharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) was incorporated in September, 2000 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 with the objective to take over the business of providing telecom services and network of the erstwhile Department of Communications with effect from 1st October, 2000. The Company is providing Telecom Services throughout the country except Delhi and Mumbai. BSNL is a schedule ‘A’/Miniratna CPSE under the administrative control of Department of Telecommunications. The authorized and paid up capital of the Company was Rs. 17,500 crore and Rs. 12,500 crore respectively as on March 31, 2012. Its Registered and Corporate offices are at New Delhi. The shareholding of the Government of India in the Company is 100%.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
accountable to its Board of Directors and Government of India. He is overall in-charge of all
aspects of the business spread across various business units of the company, management
of corporate finance and human resource with emphasis in continuous improvement of
company performance by encouraging performance-oriented work culture within the
organization. He is responsible for achieving its corporate objectives and performance
- I. AGE: On the date of occurrence of vacancy
- (i) Minimum 45 years.
- (ii) Not more than 58 years for internal candidates and not more than 57 years for
- The age of superannuation is 60 years.
II. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
sound and adequate background and experience.
III. PAY SCALE:
- (a) Central Public Sector Executives.
- Executives holding posts in the pay scale of:
- (i) Rs.8250-9250/-(pre 1.1.1992 scale) with
- (ii) Rs.11500-13500/-(post 1.1.1992 scale) Industrial
- (iii) Rs.23750-28850/- (post 1.1.1997 scale) DA
- (iv) Rs.62000-80000/- (post 1.1.2007 scale
- (v) Rs.22400-24500 (pre-revised) With
- (vi) Rs.67000-79000/- (post 1.1.2006 scales) CDA
internal candidates, and two years for others as on the date of vacancy.
(b) Government Officers
Provided that notwithstanding the qualifications and experience prescribed, officers of the
level of Additional Secretary in Govt. of India or on equivalent scale of pay or Lieutenant
General in the Army or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force, on the date of vacancy will be
eligible for consideration on immediate absorption basis.
4. DURATION OF APPOINTMENT
whichever is earlier.
5. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Prospective candidates from the Central Public Sector and Government officers shall send
their applications, through proper channel, in the format at Annexure I.
The applications for various categories of the officers are routed through proper channel as follows:
a) For Government Servants through Cadre Controlling authority.
b) For CMD's/MD's/Director's in CPSE, the concerned administrative ministry.
c) For below Board level in CPSE, the concerned CPSE.
6. CERTIFICATION BY CANDIDATE
stating that he/she will join the post, if selected. If any candidate, does not initially give his/her
willingness, he/she will not be interviewed.
b) If any of the candidates who appeared for the interview and is selected by the PESB, gives
his/her unwillingness after the interview is held, but before the appointment is processed,
would be debarred for a period of two years for being considered for a Board level post in any
PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.
c) If any candidate gives his/her unwillingness after the issue of offer of appointment, he/she
would be debarred for a period of two years from the date of offer of appointment from being
considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate
d) In the above cases, no request for relaxation or otherwise would be entertained.
Last date of receipt of applications in PESB is 27th AUGUST, 2013.
Applications are to be addressed to Shri Rajiv Rai, Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board,
Public Enterprises Bhawan, Block No. 14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.