GATE 2014 Online Application Form , Exam Date , Syllabus, Exam Center List | GATE 2014 Online Registration and Admit Card Download
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014 cGATE 2014 Examination procedure is changed, it Will be conducted Online means Computer Based Test for All Stream of Engineering Subject Papers. GATE 2014 conduct by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is popularly known as GATE Exam which is an all India examination that primarily tests the all-inclusive understanding of various undergraduate topics in Engineering and Technology.GATE exam is led by Indian Institute of Science and seven IIT's institutes of India, on behalf of National Coordination Board - GATE, Government of India and few more important authorized departments.The GATE Score of a Students reveals the comparative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to numerous post-graduate programmes (for e.g. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutions with monetary assistance provided by MHRD and other Government supports. The score may also be used by Public segment units (PSU) for employment broadcast purposes.onducted by will be conducted Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur . This year
GATE 2014 Online Exam Schedule:
Gate 2014 online exam will be conducted according to the below given exam schedule. Candidates are requested to remember this schedule.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2014:
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology / Bachelor of Architecture degree holder and candidates in final year of above programme.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology / Bachelor of Architecture degree degree holder (After Bachelor of Science or Diploma) and candidates in final year of above programme.
- Master’s in any branch of science / mathematics / Computer Applications or equivalent and students in final year of such programme.
- Candidates in final year of four year integrated programme (After Bachelor of Science) or Five integrated programme or Dual degree programme in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates qualified through examination conducted by professional bodies recognized by UPSC / AICTE (eg. AMIE, AMICE) are equivalent to Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology. Such professionals are also eligible.
- At the time of the examination the students should hold the identity card and it should be along with the hall ticket for the confirmation of your identification. The proof can be of anything like your voter card, license and or your ration card but it should have your photo.
Various Zones For GATE 2014 :
- Zone-1 : Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Zone-2 : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- Zone-3 : Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Zone-4 : Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- Zone-5 : Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Zone-6 : Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Zone-7 : Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Zone-8 : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
GATE 2014 Onlie Registration Procedure:
- GATE Online Applicant Interface (website) can be accessed using this link.
- You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address. Choose this carefully to be the one you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE offices will be sent to this address (Do not use anybody else’s email address; Only one person can register with one email address).
- Upon registration, an email will be sent with a link. You will be required to choose a password when you click on the link. Choose a password that is not easily guessable (should not be, for example: your name, DOB, 12345, asdf, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
- Next you will see an application form to be filled in. Keep the following information ready:
- Personal information
- Communication Address (Important: PIN Code)
- Eligibility Degree Details (College address, PIN Code of College)
- GATE paper, Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to these requirements
- Good quality image of your signature (in .jpeg format) conforming to requirements similar to photograph
- Optional: PDF/JPEG files of supporting documents (Eligibility & Category Certificates) (max file size: per file 0.5 MB; see more details below in section ‘supporting documents’)
- Optional: Your Netbanking login and password to make the application fee payment (only for Male applicants).
- Fill in the necessary data in the online application form following instructions given there. Upload the required soft copies of photo and signature.
- Optional: You may upload PDF files of supporting documents conforming to the eligibility (except principal’s certificate) and category requirements given below in section Supporting Documents
- You will have to select one of the two payment option (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GATE Online Applicant Interface allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again.
- Once you finally submit the application, no further changes to the application can be made by the applicant.
- Applicants who have selected online payment option will follow the instructions given below for online netbanking in payment section and complete payment process. Those who have selected challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step.
- You will then see a link to “Download filled Application”. You have to download a PDF file from this link and print it. It will contain two pages as mentioned below
- Page 1: Instructions and Address slip where you need to send hard copy
- Page 2: Copy of application form with bottom part showing certificate to be signed by principal (if need be)
- Those applicants who select “bank challan” mode of payment, have to click on “Download Challan for payment” and take a print of this page, that contain 3 copies of challan to be processed with bank