BITSAT 2014 Description:Name of Programme :Integrated First Year Degree Programmes in
- 1. B.E (Hons)
- 2. B.Pharm (Hons.)
- 3. M.Sc(Hons)
- 4. M.Sc (Tech)
Eligibility Criteria :Educational Qualification :
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.(Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.(Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2014 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2013 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2014 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2012 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2014. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2014.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2014. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Exam Pattern BITSAT 2014 :BITSAT 2014 will be of total 3 hours duration (without break).
- The Test consists of 4 parts as mentioned below :
- 1. Part I : Physics (40 questions)
- 2. Part II : Chemistry (40 questions)
- 3. Part III :
- a. English Proficiency (15 questions)
- b. Logical Reasoning (10 questions)
- 4. Part IV : Mathematics/Biology (45 questions)
Application Fee:Application fee for Male Students is Rs. 1900 and for Female Students is Rs. 1400 . The candidates should pay the fee only.through Online /Offline mode.Students who want to choose DUBAI as a Test Centre for BITSAT 2014 Online Entrance Exam then they need to pay US $ 50 for both Female & Male candidates.
How to Apply :Willing Candidates should fill their form via Online mode from the BITSAT website : www.bitsadmission.com After completing the form Online application form and paying the application fee , Students must take print out of the filled form for future reference.
Important Dates :1. Last date to apply for BITSAT 2014 : 15th February, 2014
2. Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 25th February 2014
3. Candidates to reserve Test dates : 1st Mar. – 20th March 2014
4. Hall tickets will be downloaded from : 15th April – 30th April 2014
5. BITSAT 2014 Online tests : 14th May – 1st June 2014
6. Preferences to degree programmes : 20th May - 30th June, 2014
7. Admit List and wait list announcement : 01st July, 2014
Download Full Description in Pdf
Download BITSAT 2014 Brochure