State Bank Of India (SBI) Probationary Examination is going to held in the month of June 2014. Here we have listed the latest General Awareness questions and answers which will help the candidates those are preparing for SBI PO. These latest GA questions are collected from news papers and website . You can also follow SBI PO Previous Solved Papers For More General Awareness question for 2016 PO recruitment.
Latest General Awareness (GA) Questions For SBI PO Exams 2016
1. The Reserve Bank of India granted in-principle approval to which of the following applicants to set up banks on April 2, 2014?
Ans : Bandhan Financial Services Pvt Ltd and IDFC
2. Manuel Valls assumed office as the Prime Minister of which of the following countries on April 1, 2014?
Ans : France
3. On April1, 2014, the Reserve Bank of India in its monetary policy kept the repo rate unchanged at?
Ans : 8%
4. Who was appointed as RBI Deputy Governor for three years in place of Anand Sinha on April 3, 2014?
Ans : R. Gandhi
5. Gurdial Singh Sandhu is the?
Ans : Financial Services Secretary
6. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) suspended its ties with which of the following countries
Ans : Russia
7. Kumba Yala died on April 4, 2014. He was the former President of?
Ans : Guinea-Bissau
8. Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and which of the following companies jointly launched 360-degree panoramic imagery of nationally important monuments in February 2014?
Ans : Google
9. October 8 is celebrated in India as?
Ans : Air Force Day
10. Which instrument measures the electric current?
Ans : Galvanometer
11. Who among the following architects designed the city of Chandigarh?
Ans : Le Corbusier
12. Which of the following cups/ trophies is associated with Hockey?
- DCM Trophy
- Davis Cup
- Derby Trophy
- Durand Cup
- None of these
Ans : None of these
13. Who invented the Thermos Flask?
Ans : James Dewar
14. Zloty is the currency of?
Ans : Poland
15. The Jadugada Mine commenced operation in 1967 and is the first Uranium mine in India. It is located in?
Ans : Jharkhand
16. Mahatma Gandhi Setu, one of the longest river bridges in Asia, is a bridge over the river?
Ans : Ganga
17. Nikhat Zareen of India is associated with sports?
Ans : Boxing
18. Which of the following private banks celebrated its Platinum Jubilee in October 2013?
Ans : J&K Bank
19. Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan (NBA) is an initiative of the Ministry of?
Ans : Drinking Water and Sanitation
20. Which country faced the first Government shutdown in seventeen years in October 2013?
Ans : USA
21. Which Indian industrialist was inducted into the prestigious National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in the United States for his contributions to industrial development in India and across the world in 2013?
Ans : Ratan Tata
22. Mayaram Committee was formed by the Government of India to examine the?
Ans : Alleged irregularities at the National Spot Exchange Ltd. (NSEL)
23. The 9th edition of "Naseem Al Bahr", the biennial naval exercise, took place between the Indian Navy and?
Ans : Royal Omani Navy
24. Which of the following is the capital city of Croatia?
Ans : Zagreb
25. The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) which put the Mangalyaan into Earth’s orbit is?
Ans : PSLV-C25
26. Who was named the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for the India region of food and beverage company PepsiCo in December 2013?
Ans : D. Shivakumar
27. Who was fondly known as "Madiba"?
Ans : Nelson Mandela
28. Petra Kvitova is a professional tennis player from?
Ans : Czech Republic
29. What does the letter F denote in the term NBFC?
Ans : Financial
30. What is the name of the credit rating agency in India?
Ans : CRISIL
If you like this type of question then kindly write your views on the comment box. Also write which type of question you want.