Indian Postal department has conducted the Postal Assistant & Shorting Assistant (PA/ SA) recruitment examination 2014 today on 27 th April 2014 in various states or India Viz . After the examination the candidates are searching for the Answer of the examination by various key words such as Postal assistant exam answer key 2014 , answer sheet of postal assistant exam . PA SA exam answer key and solution of the question and answer asked in today examination to evaluated their performance. Here is the answer key of this examination. PA SA questions had 4 sections viz :
- PART A ( General Knowledge)
- PART B (Nemericals)
- PART C (English)
- PART 4 (Reasoning)
The question has came in 4 sets such as SET A, SET B, C, D but the questions was same in all the sets only the serial number was changed. Here we have solved all the questions . So you can match it with your answer. If any Incorrect answer is found, you can comment below.
Postal Assistant (PA/ SA) Answer Key 2014
PART A (General Knowledge)
1. In which year was the indian space research organization (ISRO) founded?
Ans : 1969
2. Which of the following awards was conferred on Mrs Kiran Bedi?
Ans : Magsaysay
3. The United Nations declared 2006 as the international year of __
Ans : Rice (Doubt)
4. Who written the book "War and Peace"?
Ans :Count Leo Tolstoy
5. What is the function of I/O unit of a computer system ?
Ans : To excahnge the information of computer with the outside world
6. India won its fist Olympic hockey gold in
Ans : 1936
7. Who is the author of "Tarikh-i-Alai" which contains sultan alauddin Khilji?
Ans : Amir Khusrau
8. Which of the following states has the maximum forest cover in India?
9. The normal temperature of human body ?
Ans : 37 Degee Celcius
10. Lakshadeep Island is situated in
Ans : Arabian Ocean
11. Which day is the International Human Rights Day?
Ans : 10th December
12. Out put device make it possible to---
Ans : View and print a data
13. Who is the author of book "New Dimension of India's Foreign exchange policy?
Ans : A.B.Vajpayee
14. The Olympic game in 2016 will be held in
Ans : Brazil
15. Who first translated "Bhagvad- Gita " in to English ?
Ans : Charles Wilkins
16. The Pollution is most marked on
Ans : Natural Flora of Place
17. The first satelite launched by India is called
Ans : Aryabhata
18. which of the following awards is associated with agriculture
19. February 14 is Observed as __
Ans : Valentine Day
20. The book Discovery of India is written by ?
Ans : Jawaharlal Nehru
21. A person who uses his expertise to gain the peoples computer to get information
illegally or to damage is called as
Ans : Hacker
22. How many players are there in water polo team?
Ans : 6
23. At the time of Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was ?
Ans : Mohammed Shah
24. Arrange the following statets in the increasing order of population
25. CMYK related to
Ans : Offset Printing (Doubt)
PART B (Numerical)
26. In how many years will a sum of Rs 19200 placed at 10% per annum compound
interest yield an interest of Rs 4031 ?
27. Find the value of (0.5% of 640)X(1.3% of 350)= ?
Ans : 14.44
28. The average of 6 numbers is 30. If the average of first four is 25 and that of last
three is 35, the fourth number is
Ans : 30
29. A store keeper claims to sell his articles at a discount of 5% but marks up his articles
by increasing the cost each by 10% . His gain percentage is
Ans : 5
30. In the given figure, AOB is a staright line <AOC = 68 amd <BOC = x, The value of X
Ans : 112
31. Find the sum of place value of 6 and face value of 9 in 927653 .
Ans : 609
32. 20 men can cut 30 trees in 4h . If 4 men leaves the job, how many trees will be cut in
Ans : 72
33. A bus is running with a uniform speed of 37 km.h. What distance will be covered by
bus in 8h?
Ans : 296 km
34. Find the mean proportional between 9 and 64?
35. Root of (324/81) + Root of (324/81) = ?
Ans : 4
36. Find the value of
48-12 X 3 + 9
---------------- = ?
---------------- = ?
Ans : 1/3
37. Convert 0.8268 (Bar on the top of 8)
38. A sum becomes its double in 10 years, find the annual rate of simple interest.
Ans : 10%
39. What amount will be received on a sum of Rs 1750 in 2.5 yers , if the interest is compounded at the rate of 8% pa?
40. 20g is what percentage of 1 Kg ?
Ans : 2%
41. Find out the average of first ten even numbers.
Ans : 11
42. A person buys a watch of for Rs 500 and sells it for Rs. 300. Find the loss percentage
Ans : 40
44. 20 men complete one third of a work in 20 days. how many more men should be employed fo finsh the rest of work in 24 more days?
45. A car covers a distance of 200 km in 2h 40 min min whereas a jeep covers the same distance in 2hr. What is the ratio of their speeds?
Ans : 3:4
46. Find the value of √(8 × 7 - 3?+ 208 ÷ 16)= 8
Ans : 5
48. A tree increases annually by 1/8th of its height. What will be its height after 2 years, if it stands 64cm high today ?
Ans : 81cm
49. Find the value of 3 x 0.3 x 0.003x 0.003 x 30 =
Ans : 0.00243
50. A sum of money at simple interest amount to Rs. 2240 in 2 years and Rs 2600 in 5 years. The sum is
Ans : Rs 2000