OPSC ASO Computer Application Answer Key 2015
1. The mail server as defined in the text uses which of the following protocols ?
Ans : POP
2. What is commonly known as unsolicited commercial emails ?
Ans : Spam
3. Which of the following tools may be used to search FTP archives for a files ?
Ans : Archie
4. What is needed for the first part of a complete URL to access the web resource ?
Ans : Protocol
5. The registered part of a web address is called its :
Ans : Domain
6. In a complete network, information is sent in :
Ans : Digital Signal (Doubt)
7. UTP ( in term of transmission media) stamds for
Ans : unshielded twisted pair (UTP)
8. Coaxial cables are capable of transmitting digital signals at the rate of :
Ans :10 mega bits per second
9. In the network of a modem, the analog signals are converted to digital signals by which of the following devices ?
Ans : Both Modulator & modulator (MODEM)
10. A central computer surrounded by one or more satellite computers is called a :
Ans : star network
11. Which of the following is a first generation computer ?
Ans : EDSAC
12. EEPROM stands for :
Ans Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
13. The output quality of a printer is measured by
Ans : Dot per inch
14. A computer program that translates one program instruction at a time into machine language is called an
Ans : Interpreter
15. Although different computers use different processing techniques, the ALU in all computers must be able to
Ans : Manage Data and results (Doubt)
16. Pick up the wrong statement about time-sharing systems
Ans : Used for different application
17. A single application that combines features of several kinds of application is known as :
Ans :Integrated Software
18. A way in which data is read and stored in memory is called :
Ans : Data Storage
19. Software means:
Ans : Operating system and Application program
20. The viruses that changes their appearance to avoid detection are
Ans : Polymorphic Viruses
21. Speed of computer system is measured in terms of
Ans : MIPS (Million instructions per second: a unit for measuring computer speed)
22. System performance can be judged by its
Ans : Time to complete a job (Doubt)
23. What worm emailed people with the words "I LOVE YOU" in the year 2000?
Ans : The Love Letter
24. What type of hacker was the 16 year old individual who hacked into NASA nnetworks and downloaded temperature and humidity control software worth $1.7 billion ?
Ans : Thrill-seeker hacker
25. What is it called when someone changes the FROM section of an email so that message you received appears to come from a person other than the one who sent it ?
Ans : Spoofing
26. How is power supplied to a low power USB device such as pendrive ?
Ans : Directly from computers power supply
27. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to it as
Ans : Network
28. The difference between people with acess to computers and the internet and thoes without this acess is known as the
Ans : Digital Divide
29. The function of protective relay in a circuit breaker is
Ans :to close the contacts when the actuating quantity reaches a certain predetermined value
30. While selecting a gas for a circuit breaker, the property of gas that should be considered is
Ans : All The above ( high dielectric strength, non-inflammability, non-toxicity)
31. Where do you find user.dat in MS-Windows ?
Ans : C:\Windows
31. Where do you place gadgets in Windows 7 ?
Ans : Desktop
33. Which of the following is not a library that is included with Windows 7 ?
Ans : Movies
34. You need to upgrade windowns XP professional to Windows 7
Ans : Custom upgrade
35. According to Microsoft, what does the XP in Windows XP stands for ?
Ans : eXPerience.
36. Which of the following is not valid version of MS Office ?
Ans : Office Vista
37. A feature of MS Word that saves the document automatically after certain interval is available on
Ans : Save tab on Options dialog box
38. Which of the following symbol sets would be most likely to contain a mathematical symbol such as a degree sign, greater than or equal to, or a Greek letter in MS word?
Ans : Symbol
39. Which of the following is not one of the three " Mail Merge Helper" steps ?
40. The default header for a worksheet in MS-Excel is :
Ans : None
41. Which of these is a quick way to copy formatting from a selected cell to two other cells on the same worksheet ?
Ans : Click format painter on the Formatting toolbar twice then click in each cell you want to copy the formatting to
42. To edit data in an embedded Excel worksheet object in word documents :
Ans : Use word menu bar and tool bar
43. Getting data from a cell located in adifferent sheet is called
Ans : Referencing
44. Which option can be used to set custom timings for slides in a presentation ?
Ans : Rehearsal
45. Power point can display data from which of the following add-on software of MS Office ?
Ans : All the above (Equation editor, Organization chart, Photo album
46. When presenting a chart in power point presentation, it is useful to mention which of the following ?
Ans : All the above
47. Which of option is chosen to change the background color in MSpower point after choosing predefined template ?
Ans : Color scheme
48. Which tool do you use to create a query object in MS-Access ?
Ans : Simple query wizard
49. Which is the valid data type in Access ?
Ans : All the above (Number, Text, Currency)
50. Which is the spreadsheet application ?
Ans : All the above (Excel, Lotus 123, Quattro Pro)