OPSC ASO exam was conducted today on 29th November 2015. The ASO general Awareness exam was at 3pm to 4pm. There are 100 question each carrying 1 mark. No negative marks are there. The question was very tough. Here we have given the answer key for the OPSC ASO General Awareness Examination. Download the OSC ASO General Awareness answer key and answer sheet.
OPSC ASO General Awareness Answer Key 2015
22. National Institution for Transforming India Aayog was formed on ?
Ans : 1st January 2015
23. Suresh D. Tendulkar is known for ?
Ans : Report on Estimation of Poverty
24. Who is the president of united national general assembly ?
25. Who is the author of " The Blue Economy: 10 years-100 innovations-100 million jobs "
Ans : Gunter Pauli
26. The world Bank expects that in 2015-16 Indian economy will grow at the rate
Ans : 7.5 %
27. AGMARK is ?
Ans : a certification mark employed on agricultural products in India
28. The 7th BRICS Summit was held in the city of
Ans : Ufa
29. Which statements is not true about NATO ?
Ans : its official language is English & Germany (True is English & French )
30. Marrakesh Agreement signed on 15th April 1994 gave birth to
Ans : WTO
31. When Reserve Bank of India nationalized ?
Ans : 1st January, 1949
32. "Skill India" Programme aims to train over 40 crore people in different skills by
Ans : 2022
33. Make in India programme was launched by the prime minister Modi on ?
Ans : 25th September
34. Which has been empowered to inspect the books of accounts of financial intermediaries in india ?
Ans : CAG
35. A controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity in another country is called
Ans : Foreign Direct investment
36. Which of the following Acts was passed in 1999 by the parliament of India to consolidate and amend the law relating to foreign exchange?
Ans : Foreign Exchange Management Act
37. The first Union Budget of Independent India was presented by
Ans : R.K Shanmukham Chetty
38. What is the amount of central assistant under the "Smart City " programme for each smart city ?
Ans : None of these (Rs 500 crore assistance )
39. If Sensex goes up it means that
Ans : Prices on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) have gone up
40. Who is known as India's waterman ?
Ans : Rajendra Singh
41. Who is the receipient of Geeta Chopra Award, 2015 ?
Ans : Gunjan Sharma
42. The national bravery awards given to children between the ages of
Ans : 6 to 18
43. How many children received national Bravery Awards in 2015 ?
Ans : 24
44. The Monopolistic and Restrictive Trade Practice Act 1969 was enacted :
Ans : prevent concentration of economic power in the hands of few
45. The exemption limit of income tax for senior citizen above 80 years of age for the financial year 2015-16 is
Ans : Rs 3 lakh
46. Central Excise Duty is
Ans : A Tax on manufacture of goods
47. Service tax was introduced in India in
Ans : 1994
48. Decrease in currency's value due to market forces is called
Ans : Devaluation
49. Which of the following is the highest honour given for the achievement in sports?
Ans : Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (RGKR)
50. The sahitya Academy Awards was first awarded in
Ans : 1955
51. The Man Booker International Prize is awarded for the achievement in
Ans : Fiction
52. Which one of the following is not a New Year festival ?
Ans : Karthigai
53. What percentage of population of India practice Hiduism according to 2011 cencus?
Ans : 79.8%
54. Buddha preached his first sermon at ?
Ans : Saranath
55. The first Odia magazine published in 1861 was:
Ans : Bodha Dayini
56. Which of the following Odia novels is considered to be the first Indian novel to deal with the exploitation of landless peasants by the feudal lords ?
Ans : Chha Maana Atha Guntha
57. The first Odia film to receive National Awards was
Ans : Sri Lokanath
58. Aruna Stambha placed at Lion's Gate of the Jagannath Temple, puri is made of how many stones?
59. Legends say that Lords Jagannath was originally worshipped as Lord Neelamadhaba by a tribal chief named
Ans : Viswavasu
60. Which one of the following rivers has a source with in the state?
Ans : The Nagavali
61. The sweet water lake Kanjia Lake is located in
Ans : Puri
62. Who among the following eminent personalities of Odisha regards politics as an instruments of service to the people ?
Ans : Gopabandhu Das
63. Who was conferred with Sahitya Bharati Samman for the Odia traslation of famous novel "Lajja" ?
Ans : Smt. Nalini Satpathy
64. Who was the first Governor of Odisha ?
Ans :John Austen Hubback
65. Who was the first chief justice of Odisha High Court ?
Ans : Shri Bira Kishore Ray
66. The largest of living birds is :
Ans : African Ostrich
67. For trasfusion, 'O' group blood can be accepted by a person having blood group :
Ans : All of the above (A, AB, B)
68. The filament of an electric bulb is made of :
Ans : Tungsten
69. Who among the following is considered as founder of morden science genetics ?
Ans : Gregor Mendel
70. Gobar gas contains mainly :
Ans : Methane
71. Water for civil supplies is commonly purified by :
Ans : Chlorination
72. The metal that is present in photo films :
Ans : Silver
73. An acid used to remove ink spots is
Ans : Oxalic acid
74. Nail Polish remover contains :
Ans : Acetone
75. The best colour for a sun umbrella will be
Ans : white on top and black on inside
76. Who among the following laid the foundation of nuclear science in the country ?
Ans : Homi J. Bhabha
77. A convex mirror makes a good rear view mirror for a car because :
Ans : It forms clear, erect, reduced images
78. The energy of the winds and the waves is
Ans : Kinetic
79. The stars twinkle in the night because :
Ans : The refractive index of the air in atmosphere fluctuates
80. Why are two blankets warmer than one ?
Ans : Two blankets enclose air which does not allow cold to penetrate (Doubt)
81. The most malleable metal is:
Ans : Gold
82. Which of the following is the lightest gas ?
Ans : Hydrogen
83. Galvanised iron sheets have a coating of :
Ans : Zinc
84. Consumption of fish is considered to be healthy when compared to flesh of other animals because fish contains :
85. Which among the following is the richest source of ascorbic acid ?
86. Which of the following disease is hereditary ?
87. Healing of wounds is hastened by vitamins :
Ans : Vitanic C
88. Oncogene is responsible for :
Ans : Cancer
89. The virus of AIDS affect the growth of :
Ans :T cells in blood
90. The normal temp. of the human body is
Ans : 98.6 F (Option is wrong in question)
91. Who was the President of the constituenty Assembly :
Ans : Dr. Rajendra Prasad
92. Minimum age required to contest for the post of President of India is ?
Ans : 35
93. In a parliamentary democracy the:
94. Which of the following committees is concerned wuth the regularity and economy of expenditure of Gvernment ?
Ans : Public Accounts Committee
95. Which of the following is not an obligatory function of a municipality ?
Ans : Securing of removal of dangerous buildings and places
96. Megasthenes was the ambassador of :
Ans : Greek
97. Which of the followings gives detailed instructions on the control of the state, organisation of national economy and conduct of war ?
98. The title 'Devanam Priya' was given to :
Ans : Ashoka
99. Who built the Stupa at Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh ?
Ans : Ashoka
100. How many dynasties rules over Delhi Sultanate sequentially ?
Ans : Five