Odisha SSC Supply Inspector GS ( SUI , GPEA, PA) Answer Key 2015
1. What is the value of X in the following equation ?
Ans : 19
2. A rectangle ABCD has dimensions of 20 cm and 30 cm. What s the maximum number of circles of radius 1 cm can be drawn with in the rectangle without intersecting each other ?
Ans : 150
14. Gandhi Jayanti was celebrated on the 2nd October 2015, which was a Friday. What will be the week day on which Gandhi Jayanti will fall in the year 2025?
Ans : Thursday
16. Who has been awarded with the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economics Science in memory of Alfred Nobel for the year 2015 ?
Ans : Angus Deaton.
17. Which of the following awarrds received by Mr. Kailash Satyarthi has been conferred on him off late, in October 2015 ?
Ans : Harvard Humanitarian of the Year'
18. Which nation is going to host the ensuring Non-Aligned Movement Summit ?
Ans : Venezuela
19. In which district is Amaravati, the newly planned capacity of Andhra Pradesh, coming up ?
Ans : Krishna
20. Which of the following days is observed as a World Day on the 14th November ?
Ans : World Diabetes Day
21. Which severe tropical cyclone had hit Phillipines in October 2015 ?
Ans : Koppu
22. In which of the following cities the first ever day-night Test Cricket match was played between Australia and New Zealand ?
Ans : Adelaide
23. Which is currently the largest passenger aircraft in the world ?
Ans : Airbus A380-800
24. Who has translated the famous novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin" into Odia titled as "Tamakakanta Kutita" ?
Ans : Udayanath Sarangi
25. Who is the author of the Odia travelogue "Swapnara Alaska"?
26. The following have the same acronym 'FOL' which one does refer to a Buddhist Festival ?
Ans : Flavor of Love
27. Which of the following pairs of 'Durga Mata' temples and their location is not correctly matched ?
28. Which of the following tribal groups mainly inhabit in Central Part of India ?
Ans : Gonds
29. Which of the following Microsoft Excel number formats shall return the figure 25 as 2.50E+01 ?
30. Which of the keys does help in checking the spelling and grammar of text in a Microsoft Word Documents ?
Ans : F7
31. Which of the following programming language is used to create 'Applets' to be placed on a web page ?
Ans : Java
32. Why do the rain bearing clouds have a dark color ?
Ans : They reflect back all sunlight falling on them
33. We notice a spark while pulling out the electrical plug of an appliance. Which of the following properties of the appliance is responsible for this ?
Ans : Capacitance
34. Column Matching A and B
Heat - Joule
Luminous flux - Candela
Magnetic intensity - Orsted
Temperature - kelvin
Viscosity - Poise
35. Which of the following principles laws is applicable in the case of blowing away of roofs of the houses by a cyclonic strom ?
Ans : Bernoulli's Principle
36. Which of the following is responsible for the formation of mirage in the desert ?
Ans : Refraction
37. What is the function of a heavy water in a nuclear reactor ?
Ans : it slow down the speed of neutrons
38. Which one is the densest of the elements ?
39. What are the atoms having same number of neutrons called ?
Ans : Isotopes
40. Which of the following is not true for the cathode rays ?
Ans : They are positively charged
41. Column A matching with Column B
42. Which of the following processes is used to prepare industrial hydrogen ?
43. The cells in which of the following organs in the human body are the smallest ?
44. Which one of the following is the primary sex organ in the female ?
Ans : Vulva
45. Following terms are related to human teeth. Distinguish the odd one out ?
Ans : Enamel
Full answer key will be published on 15th December 2015
46. For correcting which of the defects of eye is bifocal lens used ?
47. To which of the following types of plants do the mangrove trees belong ?
48. Where was the High level international conference on 'Climate Change' 2015 held ?
49. Which pair of the following photochemical pollutants are aromatics ?
50. The functional role of an organism in an ecosystem is known as ?
51. Which of the following was not a feature of the Rigvedic period in India ?
52. Which of the following Mahajanapadas was located in Dakshinapatha on the banks of River Godavari ?
53. Who among the following emperors of Ancient India was known as 'Amitraghata' that is 'destroyer of foes' ?
54. Rudradaman was one of the greatest rulers of Ancient India. To which of the following dynasty he belong ?'
55. To which of the following do the three terms- Nagara, Dravida and Vesara refer ?
56. Which of the following was not the principle of Bhakti Movement ?
57. Which of the following pairs is incorrectly matched ?
58. Which of the folloing architectural structure is not a Mughal Creation ?
59. Which of the following forts was constructed by Langula Narasingha Deba, the ruler of Ganga Dynasty in odisha ?
60. Who commanded the Maratha Army in the third battle of panipath ?