Every year, all the developing countries are indexed basing on the different factors such as Human Development Index, Environment Performance Index (EPI) and various other Indexes as mentioned below. In this article we have provided the Ranking of India in different Indexes over the world. These rankings are very important for the competitive exams. You can also download India's Ranking in Different Indexes 2015 in the World in Pdf format from the below given download link
India's Ranking in Different Indexes 2015 in the World
1. What is the rank of India in Human Development Index in 2014 ?
Ans : 135 ( Norway is top then Australia )
2. What is the rank of India in Global Environment Performance Index 2014?
Ans : 155 ( Switzerland top followed by Luxembourg, Australia)
3. What is the rank of India in Intellectual property (IP) environment 2014 ?
Ans : 29 (US ranked on the top, Thailand Last the list)
4. Rank of India in World Press Freedom Index 2014 ?
Ans : 130 in the list of 180 countries
5. Rank of India in on the basis of "World's best countries for doing business 2014" ?
Ans : 134
6. What is the Rank of India in Global Peace Index 2014 ?
Ans : 143 (Iceland top the list while Syria the most violent place)
7. Which county ranked on the top according to Global Peace Index 2014 ?
Ans : Iceland
8. What is the Rank of India in the Global Innovation Index 2014 ?
Ans : 76
9. Rank of India in World Prosperity Index 2013 ?
Ans : 106.
10. What is the the rank of India in Global Corruption Index 2013 ?
Ans : 94
11. In which country , corruption is least according to Global Corruption Index 2013?
Ans : Denmark least corrupt country
12. Rank of India in Global Competitiveness Index 2014 ?
Ans : 71 (Switzerland is the most competitive economy, followed by Singapore).
13. What is the rank of India in World Effective stock market regulation ranking ?
Ans : 62 (South Africa is on the top followed by Finland, Hong Kong)
12. What is the rank of India according to Inflation ?
Ans : India ranks 133rd in terms of inflation
NOTE : India is among the worst- ranked countries when it comes to taxation and inflation burden on economy.
Index with Definition :
1. What is Human Development Index ?
Ans : The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic of life expectancy, education, and income indices used to rank countries into four tiers of human development.
2. What is Global Corruption Index ?
Ans : Transparency International (TI) has published the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) annually ranking countries "by their perceived levels of corruption, as determined by expert assessments and opinion surveys."
3. What is Press Freedom Index ?
Ans : The Press Freedom Index is an annual ranking of countries compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders based upon the organization's assessment of the countries' press freedom records in the previous year.
4. What is Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ?
Ans : The Environmental Performance Index (EPI) is a method of quantifying and numerically marking the environmental performance of a state's policies. This index was developed from the Pilot Environmental Performance Index, first published in 2002, and designed to supplement the environmental targets set forth in the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
5. What is Press Freedom Index ?
Ans : The Press Freedom Index is an annual ranking of countries compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders based upon the organization's assessment of the countries' press freedom records in the previous year. It reflects the degree of freedom that journalists, news organizations, and netizens enjoy in each country, and the efforts made by the authorities to respect and ensure respect for this freedom